Sunday, August 28, 2011

Quick Comparison: Vintage Violet vs Sparrow Me the Drama

Just a quick post for today, not at home to use my computer so unless I have tomorrow off, probably no post for tomorrow. All depends on Irene, whose center is set to hit us in 2-3 hours.

Hi! After I brought home my recent Ulta purchases, I noticed Vintage Violet looked eerily similar to one I already own, OPI Sparrow Me The Drama. I did a quick side by side to show you the comparison:

Vintage Violet on the left, SMTD on the right. As you can see, VV is slightly mauve-r than SMTD but they are pretty close. I know this picture isn't the best but my camera died right after and I forgot to take more pictures. In my opinion, you could own one and not the other. I slightly prefer SMTD's color but the application of VV was much more opaque.
Dupes? Close? Do you need both?

xoxo,
Amanda

6 comments:

Sarah said...

They are very similar... I love dusty pinks like that, so personally I would like to have both just because I am a nail polish hoarder. lol.

Anonymous said...

They do look very similar!

The Geordie Girl said...

Yes, wow, they are really similar. Pretty though! Really hope you're OK through the hurricane xx

Unknown said...

They look almost exactly alike!! I definitely dont need both

Amanda said...

I gave my SMTD away Tia friend and I'm ok with having VV instead :) thanks guys, hurricane was mostly blown out of proportion (no pun intended) here!

Krissy said...

Haha I agree with Sarah. I'm the same way. I'm surprised I don't have them both already lol. I just picked up the pink color from Sinful Colors adventure island. I wonder if that's another dupe.

Thanks for the comparison. :)