Monday, October 8, 2012

Lacquistry to the Rescue!

Hello again! How's it going? I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

I have a nail fail Cinderella story for you all today! I started with Sally Hansen Whisper, one of their Smooth and Perfect line which is anything but. This is, I think, four or five coats and it's still gross. It's frosty and sheer and terrible with my skin tone. Maybe layering it over white would have saved this on its own but nope. Didn't do that for this mani, so it's just this gross mess:


But then I remembered I have an entire Helmer drawer (plus a basket or two I haven't put away yet...) of indies, and one of them was this oldie but goodie, Lacquistry Frosty Marrow. Believe it or not, I was into indies far before it was huge (umm, hipster attitude much? sorry. it's true, though!), and Lacquistry was one of the first brands I discovered on Etsy.  I bought Frosty Marrow and A Friggin' Circus way back when but haven't used either yet, which is criminal. Anyway, I decided to try Frosty Marrow over the hot mess Sally Hansen and it definitely saved it!

 Frosty Marrow is lots of little iridescent glitters (one of my favorite things ever is iridescent glitter) in a clear base, and it's perfect for adding just a bit of glitter to a manicure. I actually wore this to work because it was pretty subdued but gorgeous.


Finally, here it is in low-light, which is what my hands are in most of the time since my office is in a basement and I rarely see the light of day during the week. I think this is one of my favorite shots of it! Definitely shows how delicate this mani was.


Thoughts? Do you own any Lacquistry?

xoxo,
Amanda

2 comments:

Amanda (Fashion Footing) said...

Okay well I don't think it looks gross on it's own...

And no, I'm not a hipster, so I have no Lacquistry. Ha! Or just no, I don't have any :-)

girlsarepretty said...

I have a Smooth and Perfect in a whitish shade called Fog something, and I thought the application was awesome. Not "perfect" but excellent for a sheer. And I definitely think that a layer of glitter is the best fix for a wonky manicure!