Monday, October 22, 2012

Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox: Fall 2012

Hi girls! Quick review today, since some of you also got this box and many of these products would have been difficult to photograph in use.





I was lucky enough to be selected by Influenster to receive a beauty blogger VoxBox, and I was so excited! If you haven't heard of the program, check out the website here. (Please let me know if you'd like an invite, I still have a few left!) Here are the products I received and my brief reviews:

  • NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact: I loved this compact. I generally don't wear very much eye makeup, so these colors were neutral enough that I can dress this down for work and up for a night out. I tried it with the included double-sided applicator and it went pretty smoothly, though I might try using my own brushes in the future to make it more precise. Retails for $4.99.
  • Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit: I wore these for my Halloween costume (I dressed as a zebra, and you can see pictures on Instagram @amanda_npe) and they were great for added "drama" to my look. Mine were really thick so I wouldn't usually wear them, but for special occasions they work great. The glue was awesome too, I loved the applicator instead of having a tube to squeeze. Retails for $5.99.
  • Bath and Body Works Mini Candle: This wasn't a scent I'd normally choose but I gave it a shot with my boyfriend over and he loved it! I liked it, but ended up giving it to him to enjoy! haha! Retails for $3.50.
  • EBoost Orange: I can't wait to try this. You may know that I work with the public and am always paranoid of getting sick, so I'm saving this for a rainy/snowy day filled with sick clients to make me feel more energized and less prone to sickness! Retails for $28/box of 20, $39 for 30, and $39 for a box of 12 shots.
  • Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin: I'm excited to try this, too, but I'm actually swapping with Amanda on this one, since she got light hair and I got dark hair and we each need the opposite! I'll keep you posted ;) Retails for $7.29.
  • Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream: This is another product that I'm deferring to a friend; my hair is stick straight and won't really work with this product, but my friend Sarah has gorgeous curly hair she's going to try it on! I do love the scent, though! Retails for $6 for a full sized bottle.
  • Vitabath Fragrance Mist Citron Leaves: Another product I wouldn't have thought to try necessarily but really like. The scent is lightweight and reminds me of spring!
So there you have it! Did you get a VoxBox? What did you think? Anything you'd like more information about?

xoxo,
Amanda

No comments: