Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Week Part 7: Halloween!

Happy Halloween!! This is my favorite holiday so I'm pretty stoked for today. I am handing out candy at my boyfriend's house so I'm fairly excited for that. Enjoy trick-or-treating! (Fun fact: there are no documented cases of strangers poisoning or putting razor blades in candy, only by parents... oddly enough.)

So the holiday called for something special: My first gradient! Megan sent me some cosmetic sponges in a swap, so I decided to use those and make something epic. And, um, I was close? Here's the colors I picked (the wand is my Migi pens, which unscrew to be normal, one coater polish!):

OPI Atomic Orange, OPI Funky Dunkey, and Migi nail art pens.
My base was plain white and I made a gradient going from white, orange, purple, to black, and I was mostly successful except the black didn't come out very much, and where it did... it stained my cuticles omg. I really liked the subtle effect though, it was really cool and I wish I had a good up-close shot to show you how it came out! (Although, if you're really curious, you could just enlarge the photos...)



And there you have it! Happy Haunting, Ghouls!

xoxo,
Amanda

9 comments:

hartiism_nails said...

Hi :D! You're the first person I know who knows those pens exist :'). There'll be a review online on my blog next week...

Nice gradient :)!

Amanda (Fashion Footing) said...

Very cool! It looks like berry flaved Candy Corns. HOLY CRAP THAT WOULD BE SO DELICIOUS!!!!

GlitterInfatuation Jazz said...

Oooh these are awesome! Brill idea!


Jazz x

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thanks! They kind of look like Halloween TV static... I thought they'd be more opaque!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

They make that!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Yes! I love those pens - I forget about them every so often, then remember and order a million colors, then forget...

Amanda (Fashion Footing) said...

WHAT?!?!

LacquerMeSilly said...

These came out really cool! Its like fruity candy corn...although that doesn't exist, but still..if it did :)

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

They do! I saw them this year - they had berry and apple cobbler and all these crazy flavors at Stop and Shop!