Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Week Part 6

Hi all! Today's post is vampire themed nails. And, if you need reasons why (I bet you don't, but you're getting them anyway dagnabbit!), here are my best three:
  1. I wanted to use Candy Lacquer Vampire Kiss.
  2. I am a Twilight fan (keep your mouth shut if you don't like it. ;) You still love me, suck it up.)
  3. An excuse to use some fimo canes, FINALLY.

So, for vampire nails, I started with Sally Hansen Sun Kissed on all my nails except my ring, which I added red from one of my Migi pens (hey, they were out, it was a one coater...). On the orange nails, I added Vampire Kiss which OMG IT'S BEAUTIFUL AND REQUIRES INTERNET YELLING DON'T JUDGE ME. I even got a red heart on my pinky which is <3 <3 <3. Then on the red nail, I added a fimo stick with vampire fangs! How cute is that?! Unfortunately, I cut this one a bit thick so it sticks up a little but it served the purpose.

Public Service Announcement: Sometimes, you're doing a manicure. Sometimes, your adorable kitty will walk by you, directly INTO your lightbox. And you will gently pet her and, um, forcibly push her out of it. And you'll look at your nails and think, "wow! I didn't get any hairs from her on my nails". And you will be proved wrong when you see the pictures on your computer. (So let's ignore those, mmmkay?)



So, anyway, in case you didn't catch on... I love this.

xoxo,
Amanda

8 comments:

Uncouthandlovingit said...

I dont own any candy lacquer, but this one is really cute. You may turn me on to glitter yet :)

LacquerMeSilly said...

Oh no! I always end up seeing lint and sometimes cat hair on my nails when I upload my pics when I had no idea! The last time my cat encountered my light box she decided to jump on top of it and fell through the roof >.< that was the last of her coming near it.
Anyways, I don't own any Candy Lacquer, but I'm loving the glitters in this polish, and I don't even like hearts. Maybe cause it's halloween themed that makes it okay :)

Fashion Footing said...

This is cute! I do still love you, even though you're a Twi-hard :-p

And this reminds me that I need to use my fimo slices.

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Cats are so sneaky! Mine just likes to run right into it, knocking over bottles, cameras, and lights in her path. She's black too, so there's no recovering from it :(



You should own some CL - I seriously LOVE them. And hearts are my weakness but the fewer people that love them the more for me, mwaaahahahahah! ;)

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

I'm a woman on a mission to make you like glitter ;)

Nicole said...

These are cute!! :) I like the orange with the glitter and the fangs are cute. I'm not a huge fan of fimo but in certain applications it's pretty cute. It seems like it'd be REALLY hard to cut it thin enough tho. I'd probably chop off my finger instead. :( Nice nails tho! :)

PolishMePlease- Nicole said...

These are cute!! :) I like the orange with the glitter and the fangs are cute. I'm not a huge fan of fimo but in certain applications it's pretty cute. It seems like it'd be REALLY hard to cut it thin enough tho. I'd probably chop off my finger instead. :( Nice nails tho! :)

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Yeah... some of them I cut thinner than this but a few times it was so thin that I cut off part of the design so then I got nervous and they ended up thicker lol