Sunday, October 21, 2012

Guest Post: Dolores from Colorful Bottle

Hey ladies, today I have a post from my lovely friend Dolores in Slovenia who swaps with me all the time so I can get international goodies :) We decided to do guest posts for each other to show off some of the stuff we got in our swaps, so check out what Dolores did and then check out her blog Colorful Bottle!
 
Hi!

I'm Dolores from Colorfulbottle and I got honoured to prepare a guest post for The Nail Polish Enthusiast!

When me and Amanda completed our last swap package we got a really crazy idea. We decided to prepare guest post for each other with our new goodies =). I really couldn't wait to make this post, but I sadly had some other obligations so I couldn't prepare my post as fast as I wanted to prepare it. Now I finally made it, and I'm really happy with the result =). 
It was really difficult for me to pick one polish out of so many new pretties in my stash, because of my BIG problem I decided to do a gradient( I got to use 2 colours and not all polishes match, so I ended up with only 3 possible gradient combinations), I used pastel colour for the base because Amanda once said to me, that it is probably my fault that she started liking pastel polishes. I also wanted to include glitter in my manicure, but glitter really isn't my thing. I also have to admit that I cheated a bit. I wanted to do soft stamping on top, but out of all gorgeous nail polishes that Amanda sent to me, there wasn't a pastel polish that would stamp great, this is why I ended up using KONAD special polish, 
Here is what I prepared:
 

For this gradient I used Orly Lollipop as a base ( 2 coats) and then I made a gradient using Color Club Mr. Socialite and Orly Lollipop
I upgraded my manicure with KONAD polish in pastel violet and BM 16

 
I was really satisfied with what I ended up with and I hope Amanda likes it too =)

This is all from me!
Thank you all for reading my post and big thanks to Amanda for hosting my post!
Have a lovely day!
 
 -----

xoxo,
Amanda
 

3 comments:

Sharda said...

Dolores her nails look great! Absolutely love her nails.;) http://creative-d-zine.blogspot.com

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

I do too! She did a great job :)

Colorfulbottle said...

Sharda, thank you for such a lovely comment =)