Instead of the usual nail post, though, I'm going to do a tribute to the people I've really enjoyed interacting with and one thing I am thankful for about each of them. This is no small list, people. Do some stretches. A few deep breaths now. Blink and rub your eyes for a minute. FYI, this list is in alphabetical order just because I didn't want people to be offended (this isn't MySpace, I don't do a top 8) and if I forgot you, please let me know since clearly my brain isn't always 100% functional, especially compiling big lists!
- Abby - Nothing Personail - Abby is someone I always instantly relate to and lately we've been having some really funny conversations! Thanks for making me smile :)
- Alicia - The Base Coat - Alicia is new on my radar for some reason but I have really enjoyed chatting with her. She's always got great recommendations and suggestions!
- Alissa - @MissAlissaS - Alissa and I share the same profession so she's a great girl for me to talk to when I'm stressed about work, and is always kind and helpful.
- Amanda - Fashion Footing - This girl... no words. No, wrong. Too many words. She honestly has one of the biggest hearts ever and has been my support and my nail polish hunter whenever I needed her. Love this girl! <3
- Amanda - Mad Manis - Someone needs to get this girl back into blogging, because one of her greatest talents is her nail art. She has a great eye for everything adorable.
- Amanda - Pretty Girl Science - I've had a lot of fun recently chatting with Amanda, who happens to be a night owl like me, making her perfect for late night insomnia chats ;) I've also recently begun talking to her cohort Nichole, though somehow I failed to realize she got a separate twitter handle!
- Arlyn - @arlyn531 - Arlyn is such a great hunter! She's always willing to look for polishes if you're having trouble and send them to you. Such a big heart and so pretty!
- Ashley - @TellEmItsAce - She's been another great person to talk to! Lots of great feedback and responses to my tweets!
- Ave - Polish Pixelle - Ave has the lucky honor of being one of the few nail bloggers in Massachusetts with me - that's right! This girl gets to share a state with me! What a lucky duck ;) She's been there for me through quite a few rants and that gives her some kudos in my book.
- Bregje - Oooh Shinies! - Bregje is a "big blogger" with a big heart. She responds to every tweet, Instagram comment, blog comment, etc. since I started following her and is so good at making creative manicures effortlessly.
- Dana - Polished Claws Up - Vintage queen, sharing the throne with Jacqui, one of the first people I ever got close to on twitter!
- Fitzy - The Lacquer Lad - I'm thankful for Fitzy's honest opinions and his different take on things. It's always great to have an outlook from someone with a different life experience from you, especially when they can be relatable (which, obviously, he is... or he wouldn't be on this list, duh). Fitzy is always a great person to chat with.
- Hannah - Polly Polish - She founded Polish Days! Although, I have yet to participate because I swear, I have some form of only-nail-polish-related-ADHD. But she's still pretty cool, even without Polish Days. ;)
- Jamie - @jamieleelu - Jamie doesn't have a blog (which is a damn shame, because she's witty, talented, and awesome). She was the first person in this community I really talked with and she sent me my ultimate lemming - Mad As A Hatter (yes, every time I mention Jamie, MAAH must be mentioned. It's an unspoken girl rule.). We text pretty much all the time and she's awesome. Did I mention she's awesome? <3
- Jacqui - The Scholarly Nail - Jacqui has such a great sense of humor. We share a lot of our humor together and she always can make me laugh LIKE KEYFUH ON REEFUH.
- Janna - Clever n Colorful - One of my original followers, she's quiet on twitter (and on her blog, lately) but has really great feedback and ideas.
- Kim - @SomeCrazedLady - Kim (whose name always eludes me because she has no blog nor is it listed anywhere!) is a great polish hunter - she recently got me three of the Studio M rainbow glitters. More on those soon...
- Lindsay - Nailtopia - It took me about 19 years to remember Lindsay's blog and she finally listened to me and listed it in her twitter description - that's what I'm thankful for, so that I can easily get to this lovely lady's blog ;)
- Lindsay - Polish and Diamonds - Lindsay and I don't tweet too often but we DM more than I think anyone else I know! She's been a great support for me and always gives me honest opinions.
- Madeline - Girl Germs - Madeline always has really honest but positive feedback, I know if she comments on my blog, I've done something right! She's also a really cool chick and I recommend trying to follow her on twitter but she's private because she's super cool and she has to keep creepers out. It's legit.
- Megan - Painting Rainbows - Megan and I used to (when I wasn't impoverished) mail each other random swap stuff and it was funny and random and fun and random. She has a great eye for the random and quirky - like a pie (cake?) shaped sponge she sent me!
- Melissa - Nails and Heels - Melissa is new to blogging - go visit so we can encourage her to blog more ;) She's great comedic relief on my twitter.
- Nicole - Polish Me Please - First, I love Nicole's twitter picture. It looks like she's about to say, "PEEK A BOO" and it makes me instantly happy. She's also super supportive and positive whenever I need her.
- Nicole - Young, Wild, and Polished - Nicole is another one who's been a good support when I need her. She's been through hard times (haven't we all?) and it makes her easy to talk to, even about the tough stuff.
- Rachael - The Perky Polisher - Rachael is definitely spot-on with her blog name, she's perky - but in the good way. Not the way you think of a "perky" cheerleader which is just another, kinder word for "annoying". This is the actual, fun version of perky. She's great for a pick-me-up and positive attitude!
- Radha - The Polish Owl - I've been in touch with Radha loooong before her blogging days and I always appreciate her random acts of kindness. She's sent me at least two great polishes - one was Cult Nails Clairvoyant. It made my day and week and month.
- Ryan - RyCoBra - Another sweetheart in the nail blogging world (there's no shortage!). This sweetheart has made me many a mix CD to cheer me up.
- Sabine - My Polish Stash - Sabine is a super-sweet girl from Germany who is currently taking a blogging break while getting her PhD, and I can certainly be thankful for educated gals, even when it means lack of posting pretty polishes ;)
- Saira - The Girl With The Green Nails - Saira is such a positive person, I don't think I've ever heard anything negative come out of this girl's mouth....er, twitter.
- Sarah - Lacquerlicious Love - I just recently began talking to Lindsay but it's been really fun getting to know her and seeing how much we have in common - I'm thankful for meeting her and new people this year!
- Sirena Sparklestar - Sirena Sparklestar - Come on, if you think I need anything more to be thankful for than her blog name, you probably are reading the wrong blog.
- Stephanie - The Polish Squirrel - Stephanie is new to blogging (she started in February, so maybe not THAT new) but really knows her stuff. I really appreciate talking to her and she's always kind!
- Stephanie - Sincerely Stephanie - Stephanie is what I consider a "big blogger" but she never acts like she is... if that makes sense. She's so easy to talk to and personable that I always feel really comfortable chatting about anything with her.
- Tee - @mstrfrck - No blog for this gal either, people. However, she's such a generous, kind, thoughtful person. She was my Secret Goblin and she spoiled Lulu and I like crazy! (However, don't ask me what her twitter handle means. I have no idea, even after asking her ;) )
- Wes - Polish Me Manly - Wes is such a sweetheart. I've been chatting with him via twitter since before he began blogging and he's someone I talk to often. He also helped me out when I was struggling financially this month, and I really appreciate his generosity.
Thanks for the support, kind words, late night chats, laughs, and community you've made. Without you, I don't think I'd have kept up with this hobby for so long... well, maybe if you hadn't been around, I'd be saving a lot of money. Hmm... need to rethink this list...
Just kidding. Love you guys.