Saturday, September 24, 2011

Guest Post: Dana of Polished Claws Up!

Hey girls, today's post will be brought to you by my lovely, sweet friend Dana from the blog Polished Claws Up. Yesterday was the first day of fall, so I found this post very a propos and the glitterfest will return tomorrow!

Hello ladies! This is my very first guest post, and I couldn't be MORE thrilled that it's on my lovely friend Amanda's blog! :) When we were throwing ideas back and forth, we agreed on a fall theme. Immediately a few different ideas went streaming through my brain, and I decided to try something new! I give you my fall mani! Enjoy!


When I think fall, I think the great outdoors! What could be better then a deep green (Orly's Wandering Vine) and a deep shimmery brown (Orly's Golden Maharajah)? FLAKY SPARKLE of course!!!! I finally had an excuse to try my ever-so-stunning Crowd Surfing by L.A. Girl Rock Star Nail Color. :P

I started with two coats of Wandering Vine on all but my ring finger, and decided to let the gorgeous Golden Maharajah stand on it's own with it's bronzey brown goodness on my ring finger. Wandering Vine has been in my stash for years now, it's a dark true green and needed two coats. Golden Maharajah is also an oldie but a goodie, a warm-toned brown with bronze shimmer within. Also two coats. Crowd Surfing is far too sheer on it's own, so to finally have a reason to layer it was wonderful! CS is a very sheer polish with a lime green base, green fine micro glitter, & awsome golden flaky glitter.


Thanks again for having me on your blog, Amanda! It was fun coming up with this mani! :)
So there you have it! Thanks for the lovely post, Dana! I don't feature many browns so I'm sure it was a treat for my readers to see it for once! :)
xoxo,
Amanda

6 comments:

Unknown said...

These nail polishes are gorg. They're definitely great fall colors!

Anonymous said...

Great manicure! I bought that Rock Star polish the other day. I haven't had a chance to use it yet though.

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

LOVE IT! And that Rock Star polish is one of my favorite flakies ever! I wore it over OPI Jade is the New Black for St. Patty's this year, it was a hit!

Amanda said...

I need some of these flaky glitters, apparently I'm out of the loop!

Anonymous said...

aaw the flakies are sooo pretty!

Amanda said...

You got that right!