Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday Mini-Challenge: Cling-Wrap Mani

Hey everyone! Happy weekend! I'm so so so glad that it's the weekend, work has been nuts lately and I love my breaks on the weekends now.

Anywho, a few of my twitter buds and I decided to challenge ourselves to do a cling wrap mani... just once. My fellow challengers are Nicole, Wes, and Fitzy. It's a one-time challenge - right up my alley! haha! I've never actually done one before this so I was having a lot of trouble deciding what color combination to do... and then I had an epiphany. ALL THE COLORS!

Magnetic Radiant Red, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Shrimply Devine, OPI Atomic Orange, Zoya Pippa, Essence Bashful, Essence Sleepy, A-England Tristam, Color Club Pucci-licious

I heard that putting dark colors over light worked best and it just so happened all my light and dark colors alternated so I could do every other for my base coat. We have Sally Hansen Shrimply Devine, Zoya Pippa, Essence Sleepy, and Color Club Pucci-licious as my base colors:


I waited for them to dry (a tough feat since I'm impatient). I only did one coat even though they have some bald spots because I knew they'd get covered up :) Then I added the remaining colors (Magnetic Radiant Red, OPI Atomic Orange, Essence Bashful, and A-England Tristam) on top, and used the Saran wrap to dab it away while it was still wet.


Here are a close up of the nails I liked better:


There you have it - I managed to use all of the colors of the rainbow. Even indigo! (Which after intense twitter debate, it was discovered can be one of 4 shades and I just chose the darker blue version of the definition.) I really like this method and I loved the results! The Magnetic brand one is a scattered holo and it came out really pretty, it kind of looks like the glitter crackles earlier this year.

Anyway, HOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYY chattiness this post. Sorry about that! Kudos if you made it through and I hope you enjoyed ;)

xoxo,
Amanda

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yours is way better than mine! Good job

GlitterInfatuation Jazz said...

Love it! deffo have to steal some Saran wrap off my mum lol!


Jazz x

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

It's such a fun and easy technique!

Nati said...

I love this version with the skittles! Great work.

Kristine Jones said...

These are beautiful!!!! You are totally amazing at cling wrap manis :)

Amanda (Fashion Footing) said...

I love this! What a great idea!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thank you! It felt like I was enlightened when I came up with this idea lol!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thank you! Wow! This is my first one, maybe I'm a natural? ;)

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thanks Manders ;)