Monday, November 19, 2012

Lazy 15: Dessert

Hey everyone - another Monday is upon us! However, for my fellow Americans, it'll be a short week for us because of Thanksgiving on Thursday. I'm out early on Wednesday and then off the rest of the week, so I'm definitely looking forward to some quality time off. I'm going to be doing Thanksgiving with my dad, boyfriend, and boyfriend's mom this year and I'm pretty excited for good food and our families to mix and match ;)


The challenge for today is dessert nails. My first thought, and probably many of yours, was cupcakes, but I worried they'd be overdone. I decided to go for a cookie theme: sugar cookies with sprinkles! Every year for Christmas, I make sugar cookies and I can never resist leaving some without frosting and just adding sprinkles to them before they bake, so that was my inspiration.

For the nails themselves, I used a basic white, then Smitten Polish Confection, and topped with Orly Winter Wonderland. They kind of look like if sugar cookies and snickerdoodles mated, but that's okay. I'd still eat a cookie if it looked like this ;)



Smitten Polish is quickly becoming one of my favorites: this one was a white jelly base with rainbow glitter and it was really pretty and easy to work with. I just bought another one recently with pink and purple glitter in a white jelly base and it looks like pop tarts! Here's Confection on its own, in case you were wondering :)


 Anyway, that's all for today, go check out my fellow challengers!


xoxo,
Amanda

4 comments:

MariJo Nails said...

So pretty on you!! I just got Confection not too long ago. I'm looking forward to trying it. Love the addition of the gold shimmer.

Rachel (Phoenix Nails) said...

Love the colours x

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thanks Rachel! I love the Smitten Polish!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thank you! I'm usually not a fan of gold OR shimmer but I adore that Orly.