Saturday, January 26, 2013

Elixir Lacquers

 Hi everyone... I'm a big let down for Kitchen Sink Saturday because I forgot and I did my nails with Trout Pout by Butter London and I love it too much to take it off and start over. I'll make it up soon :) Instead, here's some swatches from my vault of the Elixir Lacquers I own! The majority of these came from the holiday collection but the last two are from her pitbull rescue collection!

Wynter Wonders over Nyx Girls Pink Note. 1 coat, fairly easy. Glitter on this sank a bit so I had to tip the bottle upside down and then fish around a bit but very feminine and delicate :)


Peppermint Barque over Sephora by OPI Thyme for a Mani. Again, 1 coat and the application was perfection. A really perfect Christmas polish!


Snowman Suite (1 coat) over OPI No Room for the Blues. This looks exactly like a melted snowman and it's perfect. One coat with some fishing to get the bigger pieces, particularly the black dots. My only polish with dots so I was pretty excited! This was my sole reason for buying the collection (although I loved them all so maybe I can't really say that but this one pushed me over the edge!)


The final two are from the pitbull rescue collection I mentioned. This is Forever Home which is blue, white, and black matte glitter with red matte hearts. I'm sure you can all guess what drew me to this one ;)


Here's a swatch of Smokey Coat, which is what I used for the base above. This was included as my free gift for buying the holiday trio and I wasn't impressed at first but I love love love this on! It has a lot of dimension this photo doesn't demonstrate but it was a quick shot just to show you the base for Forever Home.


My overall thoughts on Elixir Lacquers is that they have a great formula, great glitter combinations that are unique, and I love Nicole (the owner). It seems like a long time between collections but I think that's just my imagination!

xoxo,
Amanda


2 comments:

Amanda (Fashion Footing) said...

I wasn't sure about the giant black circle glitter but since you made me buy it, I do love it!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

It's awesome, right? And now they have circle glitter in every color!